Looking for a delicious treat that you can whip up in a few minutes AND is good for you? Well look no further! These Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Flax cookies are no-bake, gluten-free, dairy-free & egg-free! And with only a handful of real, natural ingredients they are good for you too! The kids love them and they're lovely and rich and no one would ever guess that they are filled with loads of goodness.
No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Flax Cookies
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter (or substitute your favourite nut-butter)
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup (or Honey if that's your thing)
- 1/2 Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Gluten-free Oats
- 1/4 cup ground Flax
- 1/4 Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 6 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Combine peanut butter, maple syrup (or honey) and coconut oil in medium sized pot. Heat on low and stir frequently until all ingredients have blended together and remove from heat. You don't want to cook out all the goodness from the honey!
- Next, stir in your vanilla and cocoa until combined. Then add in the oats, hemp & flax and mix well.
- Once everything is nice and blended and ooey-gooey, drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I smoothed the cookies out with the back of my spoon, but you can totally leave them as little stacks if you prefer.
All that's left to do is pop the pan in the fridge (or freezer if you're impatient) and wait for them to set. Once they are nice and chilled, keep them in an air tight container in your fridge or freezer and enjoy a little healthy indulgence whenever you like!
(P.S. With the flax, oats & hemp heart; they make great lactation treats too!)