Love a yummy smelling house, but hate the toxic cloud that comes with store bough air fresheners? Me too! You're going to want to try out this super simple, frugal and natural air freshener recipe! It's really inexpensive and only requires 2 ingredients! Woohoo!
DIY Non-Toxic Air Freshener
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 30-40 drops Essential Oil (depending on the size of your bottle)
- Water (distilled or filtered)
Place your baking soda into a small bowl and add your essential oil. Mix them together until well combined, the baking soda helps to keep the oil suspended in the water. Then dump into your spray bottle (you may need a funnel to get it in there) and fill up your bottle with water. Shake well and presto! Homemade Non-Toxic Air Freshener!
The best part about this recipe is you can have lots of fun with the scents. Use different oil combinations to make your favourite scent and why not make different smells for different rooms? Here's a few of my fave combinations:
- Sweet Orange & Lemon - uplifting and works great in the kitchen
- Peppermint & Rosemary - great for focusing; perfect for the office or den
- Lavender & Vanilla - so yummy and perfect for sleepy time; lovely in your bedroom to help you relax
- Cinnamon, Tea Tree & Clove - deodorizing and antibacterial; super for bathrooms, closets & even gym bags
The combinations are endless with essential oils and you don't have to worry about a nasty spray that you have to keep locked away from the kids. Have you made your own air freshener? What's your go-to scent?