Who doesn't love brownies? And who doesn't love super-chocolatey, rich vegan brownies that are also filled with hidden veggies?Read More
Welcome to the Blog!
From delicious plant-based recipes to health & wellness and holistic nutrition information. Here you’ll find a collection of posts all about food, health, and natural living. Enjoy!
It took me a bit, but thanks to the wonders of the interweb I found exactly what I needed. I quit sugar in February 2013 and did a purge of my pantry, so needless to say it wasn't easy finding a recipe I could make without having to take a trip to the grocery store. But never say never! What I found was an easy and delicious recipe for brownies. The entire pan was gone in less then 2 days! So without further ado, here is the recipe!
Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free Brownies
Author Notes: This recipe is a slight adaptation of Gluten Free Easily‘s Big and Rich Brownie recipe (http://glutenfreeeasily.com/big-rich-brownies-gf-friends/).
|Fresh out of the oven.|
- 2/3 cups Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cups Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups Blend of corn and rice flour
- 1/3 cup Nuts (I used slivered almonds)
- 3/4 cups unsweetened Peanut butter, if desired, for “frosting”
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease an 8 x 8 (or comparable size) glass baking dish.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. The nuts can be sprinkled on top just before the brownies are put into the oven, or mixed into the batter.
- Spread batter in the greased pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
|Had a hard time keeping my hands of these while taking the pic!|