Need a quick bite on the go? Then you need to try my Green 'n Glo Granola Bars! Not only are they super quick and simple to make, they are gluten-free, vegan and can very easily be made nut-free. Plus they are packed with loads of nutrient-dense ingredients that even your kids will love!
Green 'n Glo Protein Granola Bars
1 cup of Pitted Dates (packed)
1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter (almond butter or sunflower butter would work as well)
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (you could also use Honey or Brown Rice Syrup)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
2 tbsp Green 'n Glow Protein Mix
1 tbsp Hemp Hearts
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- First you will need to blend your dates using a high-speed blender or food processor. If your dates are really dry, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes first and then drain. Place dates and vanilla in blender and process until a paste forms.
- In a large bowl, combine your oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, chocolate chips and Green 'n Glow protein mix and mix well.
- In a small pot, warm your peanut butter and maple syrup on low heat until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and stir in your dates until combined. Then pour mixture over your dry oat and seed mixture and mix well.
- It will take a few minutes to make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the mixture will be sticky and crumbly
- Then pour your mixture into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap and spread evenly. Use clean, wet fingers to firmly press your granola into the pan. The harder you press, the better your bars will stick together.
- Place your pan in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Once they are set, use your plastic wrap or parchment paper to lift the bars from the pan. Then simply cut and enjoy!
These Green n' Glow Protein Granola Bars are full of chocolaty-peanut butter goodness. Plus, with the addition of the Green n' Glow protein, hemp hearts and seeds you'll also be getting a bunch of great plant based protein along with a sweet treat!